Monday, September 20, 2010

The Goodness Lies Ahead

I burst into the school cafeteria, knowing my choice of food has to be an ease of access, out in the open and easy to grab. "What do I want?" I think to myself, "chips, chips, chips." I notice the chips rack, then, by the check out section, all lonesome begging me to eat them. I grab a bag of my favorite chips and step into the checkout line.


On my way back to the classroom, walking as fast as possible without having to run, I open the dark red bag with the Halo Reach robots on the front. The aroma of nacho cheese comes forth, whispering to me, "eat me, eat me." I look down into the bag and see the lovely big triangular chips covered with bubbles, tons of bubbles. The chips' surfaces are very rocky and the orange powder envelops every inch of them, along with some black dots to add to the flavor. It looks so perfect inside the bag, just begging me to put my hand inside and grab those chips.


I take a deep breath and take one perfect triangular chip out. Before I know it, it's already in my mouth making crunchy sounds as I chew it and as my mouth envelops the nacho cheese flavor of one chip after another.


The orange powder on my finger tips is all that is left at the end.






No comments:

Post a Comment